Why Join Golden Key?
at just some of the opportunities that await you as a member of Golden Key.
Take advantage of what you have worked so
hard for. Opportunity is knocking!
by the largest and most active international honor society
- Induction ceremony and reception honoring new members held on campus each year
- Personalized membership certificate and press release announcement
- Graduation honor cords, stoles, pins and pendants available for purchase
- Over $400,000 awarded annually in undergraduate and graduate scholarships
- Scholarship programs in the arts, business, education, engineering, research, study
abroad, service and more
- More than four million dollars in scholarships awarded to date
- Exclusive internship
and employment opportunities through Golden Key's corporate partners
- Golden Key online career library provides employment information and job listings
- Listing membership in Golden Key promotes distinction as a scholar and as a high achiever
- Assists with graduate program applications and career placement
- Student-run chapters on each campus under the able guidance of dedicated faculty/staff advisor(s)
- International conferences, regional conferences and leadership roundtables
- Local, regional and international leadership positions
|Community Service Opportunities|
- Chapter, regional and international community service programs
- Partnerships with Teach for America, Make a Difference Day and nonprofit organizations
the Golden Key award-winning annual magazine, features works primarily from members
- Monthly electronic newsletter with Golden Key news, updates on new membership benefits,
job announcements and more
- Press releases sent to each new member, scholarship winners and news makers
- Published articles referencing Golden Key, our members and affiliates
- Nearly 350 chapters in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, New Zealand,
South Africa and the United States
- Membership network of 1.6 million
high achievers, accomplished university faculty and staff, and business leaders
- Access to Golden Key's international chapter directory
Who Can Join?
Golden Key membership is available only to the top 15 percent of undergraduate juniors and seniors
from all fields of study, regardless of part-time or full-time status. For students at U.S. colleges and universities on a quarter system, membership is available
to juniors and seniors with greater than 70 credits, at least 35 from their current institution. For students at U.S. colleges and
universities on a semester system, membership is available to juniors and seniors with greater than 50 credits, at least 25
from their current institution.
Benefits of Joining
Golden Key International Honour Society is
an internationally recognized, non-profit organization with nearly 350 chapters throughout the United States
and across the globe. Golden Key invites only the top 15% of juniors and seniors to be members. As the world's leading and
most active collegiate honor society, Golden Key distinguishes and rewards these students by providing an array of benefits:
recognition during the formal induction ceremony and certificate of membership
- Over $400,000 awarded annually in scholarships
- Career benefits through Vault and the Golden Key Job Board
- Access to internships and full time positions from Golden Key's corporate partners
- Leadership development and community service opportunities
- Networking with 1.6 million members at nearly 350 colleges and universities
in six countries
- Award-Winning member-only publications
discounts and post-graduate benefits
For specific information on membership benefits,
please click here:
How Can You Join?
members will be sent a letter through mail explaining they have been chosen to participate and become an honorary
member. Members pay a one-time membership fee that provides access to a variety of benefits. A portion of each member
fee is sent to the local chapter to support its activities. The balance is retained
at the Golden Key headquarters to provide exceptional service to chapters and members via activities such as annual mailings
of membership invitations, development of benefits, dedicated staff support on campus, materials for induction ceremonies,
publications, and more. There is no fee to the institution for establishing and retaining a Golden Key chapter on campus.
I be involved in activities to be a Golden Key member?
No, Golden Key was founded on the principle that any student who meets the established academic criteria can become
a member and access the many benefits offered. Participation is highly encouraged
and purely voluntary. Golden Key does provide, however, one of the best networks of opportunities to actively participate
at the local, regional, national and even international level. Thousands of Golden Key members have utilized the opportunities
in Golden Key to develop their leadership skills, engage in community service, and enhance their personal network.